In each episode of the Growth Lab Podcast Series, we take a deep dive into our cutting-edge research at the frontlines of economic diversity and international development. Hear directly from our faculty, fellows, and affiliated researchers as they discuss their findings.
Data-Smart City Pod: Economic Growth through the Adjacent Possible
In this conversation with HKS Professor Steve Goldsmith, Ricardo Hausmann discusses the Growth Lab's new Metroverse tool, a powerful yet easy-to-use data visualization of urban economies across the globe. Built for policymakers, economists, communities, and businesses, the Metroverse places a city’s current technological and economic capabilities in context, showing how and where any specific urban economy can move into its "adjacent possible" growth areas.
- Growth Diagnostics in Real Life: The Growth Lab's Project in Sri Lanka
- Benefiting from Return Migration: Effects of Return Migration on Non-Migrants' Wages and Employment
- Emerging Cities as Independent Engines of Growth: The Case of Buenos Aires
- Venezuela: How an Oil Rich Country Went Bust and the Roadmap to Get It Back on Track
- One More Resource Curse: Dutch Disease and Export Concentration
- Shifting Gears in Panama: Policy Recommendations for Sustainable and Inclusive Growth